Saturday, October 27, 2007

Drive By Shopping

A Deccan Chronicle Photo

Vegetable vendors right in the middle of traffic. If that is not crazy enough, take a look at the video (below) of traffic in the city. The photo is from a local newspaper and the video is from youtube.


We don't need no stinkin' drugs to get a high. Life here is a reality show and driving in traffic is one big rush. ;)




"I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone." -Steven Wright

"If everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane." -Bumper sticker

11 comments:

Ben Nakagawa said...

Thanks for comment on Nelson DP.
As far as I know, We don't have any conspiracy theories against contrail. But... We never know, if the US get flu like this may be spared to worldwide. I had to google, what it was.

Web-OJ said...

Lol! Typical India (and lovin' it!) God forbid if you trip on them even by mistake. You'll surely get a mouthful.

Gudl said...

That video is unbelievable! I am surprised that nobody crashed! Sometimes they missed each other by centimeters! Wow.

Anonymous said...

Haha... brilliant photo and video- for anyone who has been to India that brings it back. Thanks for posting.
Planet Earth Daily Photo
.

zakscloset said...

your blog illustrates the caotic life of hyderabad really really well! it is pretty much like "anything goes" isn't it. i can't wait to experience that myself when i get out to india one day (hopefully soon)!!!!

Neva said...

This was scary to watch!!!wow.

yournotalone said...

Nice one, though not as bad as in Cairo:)

Hyderabad Daily Photo said...

@aigars - wow, i thought it couldn't be worse than this....

The Egel Nest said...

Nothing like vegetables on the go!!!

Literally...!


Bradley
The Egel Nest

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Truly I have not seen anything like it before. What a chaotic traffic! It's really a amazing miracle that no one crashed! I laughed a lot seeing this video! Thanks for sharing!

ASHE said...

Oh my goodness, that video is unbelievable in so many ways. And the vendors literally in the street! Traffic is so regimented here by comparison.

Thanks for stopping by Ash's Eye - I appreciate it! Your photos are great, but I am also really enjoying your commentary. I will be back :)